Cookies help your browser navigate a website and the cookies themselves cannot collect any information stored on your computer or files. When a server uses a web browser to read cookies, they can help a website deliver a more-friendly service. They help us to learn more about the way you interact with our site content and help us to improve your experience when visiting our site.
- Definitions and Interpretation
|“Cookie”||means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means DSE Assessments Limited, of 7 Peel Place, Barton under Needwood, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 8AT.|
- Information About Us
- 2.1 Our Site is operated by DSE Assessments Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 6785280, whose registered address is 7 Peel Place, Barton under Needwood, Staffordshire, DE13 8AT.
- 3.2 All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- 3.2.1 Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in
- 3.2.2 Analytics Cookies
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
- 3.23 Functionality Cookies
Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- 3.2.4 Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- 3.2.5 Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- 3.2.1 Strictly Necessary Cookies
- 3.3 For more details of the personal data that We collect and use, the measures we have in place to protect personal data, your legal rights, and our legal obligations, please refer to our Privacy Notice.
- 3.4 For more specific details of the Cookies that We use, please refer to the tables below.
- What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
- 4.1 Necessary Cookies: Help make our website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- 4.2 Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- 4.3 Analytics Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire as indicated in the table below.
- 4.4 The analytics service used by Our Site uses analytics Cookies to gather the required information.
- 4.5 The analytics service used by Our Site collects the following data,
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
- 4.6 The analytics service used by Our Site uses the following Cookies for the following reasons:
- Statistical Cookies: Help us to understand how visitors interact with our website by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing Cookies: Used to track visitors across our website. The intention id to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user.
- Consent and Control
- 5.1 Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- 5.2 In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- 5.3 The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- 5.3.1 Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- 5.3.2 Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- 5.3.3 Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- 5.3.4 Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- 5.3.5 Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- 5.3.6 Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- 5.3.7 Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- Further Information